Dillon Mulherin
Ms. Wilhelmus
AP English Lang
1 August 2013
“The Garden of Eden” which is the name of the first chapter in “Sophie’s World” is also a very popular Biblical passage. “The Conflict of Adam and Eve,” the story of the first humans to inhabit “The Garden of Eden,” is told in the first book of the bible, Genesis. Genesis literally translates to “the origin of formation,” which is very fitting for the first chapter of a book, especially this one.
In the first chapter, Sophie receives a couple of letters in the mail that are addressed to her. When she opens them, what is written inside catches her attention and eventually swallows her mind in thought. What was written inside were two questions, the first one being, “Who are you?” and the second being, “Where does the world come from?” Sophie could answer neither.
These two questions immediately captured my attention and I could relate to the book. It took me a few days to really think about who I was. Turns out, my name is Dillon Mulherin; I am a sixteen year old junior that attends Evansville North High School. I am very family based for a kid my age. I may not live up to my full potential because I am lazy and I procrastinate, but somehow things work out for me. I am a very honest person because I am a terrible liar. I believe in the Big Bang Theory, but I believe that God made it happen, I believe God created the world and everything that inhabits it.
No comments:
Post a Comment